Re: [LUG] permissions and potential new user

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:38:35 +0100
james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello james,
.
> The icon showed yesterday. Both with a blank cd (not mounted actually)
> and one with data (I didn't check if it was mounted).

Until you do something (click on it, for example) it won't be mounted.

> I usually use KDE but I went over to GNOME which my friend liked and
> thought she could use (I can do this on logging in with (K)ubuntu).

Ah, good.  Makes it easier, since we're singing from the same song
sheet.

> [External Programs]
> cdrdao default=/usr/bin/X11/cdrdao

Path looks odd to me.  Here, /usr/bin/X11 is a link to itself.  Make
sure the cdrdao exists in that path.  If not look for it in /usr/bin.
The same goes for all the other programs.  Alter config to suit, if
required.

Don't worry about the "missing" programs further down the list, since
tccat vcd* are all optional, and only needed if you're burning video
CDs, which differ from data/audio CDs.

--
 Regards  _

The public wants what the public gets