Re: [LUG] Resources / fundraisng was Re: Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Simon Waters wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> On fundraising I am willing to donate something towards lug
>> membership
>>

> The group already has some funds, but no agreed way of spending them.
>
> So far it has been spent as I've seen fit, and no one has objected.
>
> But people are keen to raise money we should formalise how it is managed
> slightly.
>
> For things like meetings, it is perhaps better to get attendees to
> contribute towards room hire. The current funds can underwrite the cost,
> so that the organiser doesn't end up out of pocket if not enough people
> turn up, we have enough to run a few meetings at a loss, or run a small
> batch of CD's or leaflets (although I'm not sure how effective these
> items are for promotion, and most can be got free of charge, or cheaply
> from folks like Canonical, Redhat, Novell etc.
>
> If people really want to donate to these types of causes, I think there
> are groups who are better organised to raise and spend money efficiently
> for free software, like SPI.
>
>  Simon

Good point here,  While we have funds I think it would be useful to keep
funds flowing in so we don't run out and can cover various costs.

Looks like SFD this year could be exciting for the lug,    a real
opportunity to do something.

Paul

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007