[LUG] Resources / fundraisng was Re: Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

Neil Stone wrote:

>> We had some good discussions today,  one of which was to do with
>> resources for future meetings,  what would be useful is
>>

>> 1. Gazebo (useful for hot weather like to day) (does anyone have one we
>> can use for such events)
>>

> See what I can source..

Cool,  however if any lug members have one,  we could borrow for the day
or perhaps if that member is attending a meeting,  they can bring it
along with them,  (just an idea),

anyone got one for the BBQ, as we are mostly out side,  it may be good
to stand under something,  if its very hot as it was yesterday. (saturday)
>> 2. Ubuntu flyers professionally printed
>>

> How professionally do you want ??
>

>> 3. OpenCD's professioanlly pressed / printed
>>
>> 4. Proper printed banner,  with tux, and the dcglug logo / website
>> address,  and perhaps the gnu logo, on their too,

Sounds good to me,  getting flyers printed professioanally would mean
that we can have a large number printed off at the same time,  same goes
for the cd's professioanlly pressed would also look good and perhaps
work out cheaper,  and even cheaper if partly sponsored.    I am aware
people can do this at work or home in small runs.

> See Answer to q2
>

>> 5. Does anyone have any leaflet holders, so any stands look a little
>> more professional with leaflets in a proper dispenser, rather than on
>> the table where any wind can blow away.
>>

> I might also be able to source some of these..
>

>> Can we raise funds for the lug,  through selling banners on website,  it
>> just helps to cover costs, of getting some of the above.  It may also
>> help local businesses too.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Raising funds for DCLUG is a good idea, and yes we can do it.. it will
> help to fund future events where we might need to pay for the rental of
> a hall for example..

On fundraising I am willing to donate something towards lug
membership,   even if this is £5 - £10 a year.  If I was to pay for the
advice i get from the lug it would cost me far more.     donations
should be voluntary,  but if it helps us meet more often and helps us do
our job better in spreading the word, then its more than worth it.
However the sponsor links route is another idea,  as well as getting
resources such as cd's sponsored.  It would get the ball rolling on this
one,

What do people think about this.   for the record, the old monastery
costs £35 for the day,  to include wireless, internet access and plenty
of power points,  so a decent lug fund may be we can meet there 4 times
a year,  and not have to worry about eating up lug funds.

September 15th  Software freedom day.

Paul