Re: [LUG] ISP's again.

jon.davey2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I am thinking about ukfsn, they sound good but what
> about that orange deal they're advertising now; sign up for broadband and
> get a free laptop ! That sounds too good to be true. I have heard that you
> have to sign up for a 24 month contract which might be a bind but as long
> as they deliver....Does nayone know about this deal ?....
> cheers,
> Jon Davey.

The one thing to watch out with this though is that you'll probably find
it hard to switch ISP's within those 2 years.  Not a problem if they
offer great service throughout the 2 year term but if you find that the
service isn't that great then you'll basically be stuck with them for
the whole 2 years unless you can either buy the contact out or find a
get out clause.

I was having no end of problems with AOL earlier on this year.  The
speeds were slow and we had about 7 months left on the contact.  If it
wasn't for the fact that Carphone Warehouse were taking over (hence a
change in Terms & Conditions which allowed us to cancel early) we would
only be moving now.

I'd say go for UKFSN, they are on a 30 day contract so if you're not
happy you can simply switch.

Rob