Re: [LUG] ISP's again.

Quoting "jon.davey2@xxxxxxxxxx" <jon.davey2@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi, can anyone point me towards a good (cheep) isp. A link to a previous
> thread in the archives will be helpfull as I don't have much sucess with
> seareching the archives myself. I currently run msXP and SuSE dual boot.
> Cheers,
> Jon Davey.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned, but I'd suggest someone like
UKFSN @ http://www.ukfsn.org/

They put some (if not all) of their profits into funding Open Source
software.  They start at about £15 a month for up to 8Mbit.  They do
have limits but I think they're pretty fair.  They charge £20 a month
for 30GB peak usage (IIRC this is 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday) and
300GB off peak (10pm to 8am Monday to Friday and all weekend).

It's not as cheap as the likes of Orange and Tiscalli but then you get
what you pay for.

Being an ex-AOL customer I'd rather pay an extra £5 a month for a
better connection with PUBLISHED usage limits rather than the grey
area of 'fair usage limits'.

Rob