Re: [LUG] Small Magazine

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 17:56 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:

> Thats because people prepare documents for printing. Contents with page
> numbers and ditto indexes that should really be hyperlinks! If you prepare
> them for the web - freeflowing html that you can print perfectly well - then
> people can read them on the web and will slowly get used to doing so -
> especially if they have to get up to get to the printer!

Hi Tom and other LUG members

Thats another problem I was comming to!  The Magazine is for the
Dartmoor Tin Working Research Group:

http://www.dtrg.freeserve.co.uk/index.htm

However as I think this Lug is aware I am also keen on Model Railways.
I prepared a almost final draft for instructions on using Ubuntu.  Bob
has published it!  (It was available in draft form, it was my ambition
to run it past this LUG before final posting.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/install/Ubuntu.shtml

So I have three requests for this group.

Could they please comment on Para 1 (where I am selling Ubuntu and
GNU/Linux and perhaps scan the rest (It does work - indeed I have
received some very gratifying thank-yous).

Bob has asked me

"When you get around to doing updates, it would be most convenient for
me if you could start with the page that's on the web.  It won't
quite look the same when you display it on your local computer, but
it should still look OK."

Could some one point me in a direction for instructions on how to do
this automatically, or must I play with the actual page  (I mean do I
manipulate the code, I can but have not had much practise)?

Finally I wish to make the process easier,  perhaps using a very small
distro, which will run on old machines that, rather than being used as
door stops can end up under the layout. (This could be important as the
time will come when we may lose backward compatibility with Old Java
Running on Old Windoze.

Thanks for your interest, still nothing to report on the court case!
Its all gone very quiet.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/index.html

Peter L-J