Re: [LUG] Wirless LAN Problems

On 7/11/07, peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 13:30 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>
> > Have you got any sort of encryption (WPA, WEP etc) enabled on your
> > wireless router?
> >
> Hi Rob
>
> Normally WPA when I am using my lappy, but I had disabled security as I
> tried to configure the new card machine. (One problem at a time).

Good idea,

Firstly get debug turned on on that module. I assume that ubuntu have
not messed with the module and that they are using the rt2x00 ones and
not the ralink ones.

after plugging in your card, type dmesg

now look for the module in the rt2x00 driver string, it fact if you
can just print out what the message said it would be helpful. It may
already be putting debug in the dmesg log.

Robin

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk