Re: [LUG] Wirless LAN Problems

On 7/11/07, peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have fitted a new Edimax EW-7128G to my Ubuntu Feisty Computer and am
> having problems.  Using network Manager it tries to make a connection
> then dies.  I naturally thought this is because of my system, drivers
> and such.  However perhaps it is finger troubles.

Oh no, ra0 thats one of ours! (rt2x00)

I would be very temped to try to set up the link from the command line
first with iwconfg and friends

Slap in the card/stick and try the following

ifconfig ra0 up
iwlist scanning
iwconfig ra0 ESSID belkin54g
iwconfig ra0 channel 11

Then to get an ip address via dhcp use
dhclient ra0

(you may not have the dhclient program but may use pump or dhcpcd instead)

Things should then work

There is also a fine GUI configuration program as part of the rt2x00
project that is optimised to work specificly with those devices

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk