Re: [LUG] SWFdec was Microsoft to sue!?

David Johnson wrote:

> I tried it a while ago when it was getting some good press, but it failed to
> display almost everything I threw at it.

I tried it with the release with video support, and it displayed videos
embedded in flash fine, and most things I threw at it.

However I did find that some flash, particular adverts, seemed good at
crashing the browser.

So I got the situation where the flash sites I wanted (Youtube and
friends) worked, but the flash on other sites (where I didn't want the
flash items especially) would crash the browser.
I removed it and got "youtube-dl" is a small script for pulling You Tube
video packaged in Debian Sid, which is sufficient for most of my flash
video needs.