Re: [LUG] Ubuntu & Vista

Ola,
I have done this before for a company. They had lots of problems with OEM
vista and compatibility with old applications. I installed xubuntu first
and then apt-getted the gnome desktop and wine. It worked well and they
are happy (well they at least paid on time !)
Vista is crippleware which will maybe improve in the future but for now is
nowhere near 'enterprise' software.
[]'s
Ian
Julian Hall wrote:
> christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Posted by "berry christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>

>> Dear friends,
>> I feel like someone who ought to be in sack cloth and ashes BECAUSE 'the
>> old computer' finally bit the dust at the end of last week and I have
>> bought a new one from PC WORLD - Acer Aspire small footprint variety -
>> excellent little thing but set up in Vista Prof.
>> Now, the crunch question is, will there be any problems if I try and
>> dual boot with Ubuntu?
>> Cheers,
>> Christopher.
> First of all, although not what you asked, I would try and get that
> rubbish Vista off.  See if you can get hold of XP Pro and put that on
> instead.  You'll see an instant performance hike, and all your hardware
> is likely to run far happier.  Vista has known hardware issues with lots
> of kit.  One of the things that sold my new laptop to me was that Vista
> was only an *option* not pre-installed.
>
> Second, I d/b XP Pro and Xandros (also Debian based).  No problems here
> - I used KDE and LILO.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian
>
> --

>>> return [type for type in types if type not in types_to_exclude]
If you can see the beauty in this, then Python got you
http://ianlawrence.info