Re: [LUG] Novell - SuSE presentations

Simon Waters wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> Well I can arrange / attend meetings in torbay, specifically, Paignton,
>> are they willing to travel and perhaps do several talks at different
>> locations, and liase with the lug regarding dates,  adn take it from
>> there,  what I am thinking is that due to area,  we can hold several
>> meetings in devon / cornwall and they can perhaps attend more than one,
>> that will give max coverage.
>>

> If you're keen I know some of the Novell marketing folk on the GNU/Linux
> side. But it is more a question of getting them down here, and
> convincing them people are interested in buying SuSE, or Novell related
> services.
>
> Might have more luck getting them to somewhere like the Met Office in
> Exeter, than Paignton. Since they are an obvious "big customer", and if
> folk like that offer a venue the marketing department would probably
> jump at the chance.
>
> We have some contacts (and members) at the Met Office.
>
> That said, personally I've heard enough Novell marketing for the year,
> but then I get it via podcasts, which is slightly kinder to the planet.
>
>  Simon

Sounds promising,  a meet at the met office would be a cool idea.  I
know some of us in torbay are really keen to push FOSS into schools,
esp now that MS are going to be pushing vista,  and schools may end up
being forced to use vista,  due to new software aparently only working
with Vista, which means new hardware, and massive cost,  which could be
better spent on other things like teachers and staff within a school.

its worth asking, not sure if we can get school teachers locally to go
up to exeter for such a meeting,  I can work on some in Torbay, while
other group members can work on invites in other areas.

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 22nd February 2007 - PRFC from 7:00
In process of booking meeting for March.

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org