Re: [LUG] Laptop recommendations

Kai Hendry wrote:
> Thinkpad X60s
>
> Unfortunately battery lifetime under Linux is abysmal, compared to
> Windows. In my experience battery lifetime under Linux isn't very good
> with any laptop.

Objection. I get 2.5-3 hours per battery in Linux on my T23, giving me
8-9 hours with batteries of 3.6AH, 4AH and 3.2AH- the latter being an
ultrabay battery.

This is without really even trying to save power (usually the processor
is on full speed, and I haven't bothered with the fan or other power
saving measures (like shutting down any of my numerous services)).

That said I must confess that I've never used Windows for anything other
than the odd game (the few that my laptop can run that don't work in
wine), so I don't know how it compares.