Re: [LUG] Ink cartridges

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Several suggestions from the lug members.
>
> I have been warned about using compatibles because they may clog up
> the printer. Well, some of the sites I have looked at also sell Epson
> original  cartridges much cheaper than going to any local shop.
>
> There have also been suggestions about buying a laser printer for mono
> work. So many models around, it will need more research. But surely I
> will then simply be spending money on toner instead of cartridges. So
> what would be the advantages please?
>
> And if a laser printer would really be better than an inkjet (some
> pretty scathing comments about those) wouldn't it be simpler to go for
> a colour laser and be done with it, or would that be OTT?

Has anyone mentioned refills?  I get my original Epson cartridges
refilled at a local shop called Cartridge World - not sure if they are a
lone outfit or part of a chain.  £30 for six cartridges to be refilled
instead of £72 to buy new ones.  The guy in the shop also told me
yesterday that Epson are now making 5ml cartridges instead of 13.7ml.

Also check out http://www.envizage.com - Continuous Ink Supply System.

Kind regards,

Julian