Re: [LUG] File Server

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 09:18 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> I doubt you'll find anyone seriously considering any distribution other
> than Debian for servers. The only question is whether to use stable or
> testing and this close to the Etch release, it doesn't matter that
> much. There are pre-release images available for Etch and by the time
> you actually install this server, Etch may finally have been released
> anyway.

Yes you will, you'll find me.  I've never heard such sillyness as Debian
is the only serious option for a server!  Your/anyone's distro choice is
down to which they prefer (and there's a big argument for familiarity
here) for their particular application.

At work we run something like 4,000 Linux servers globally and none of
them Debian!

Alex.