Re: [LUG] Neil Stone

Neil Stone wrote:

> Tell eclipse to sort it out if it's their server... after all, you are
> paying for their services aren't you ?
>
> - --
> Neil Stone
>
> Systems Administrator
> FlashTek UK

this is stuff I don't really know much about, but a change in relay
policy might be bad for me. My domain/hosting/e-mail address etc is run
by a different company. The service is cheap and they prefer customers
to use the smtp servers provided by the customers ISP, although the pop3
server is of course theirs. So if eclipse refuse to relay mail generated
from purplecloud does not that result in none of my mail going out,
rather than being bounced as spam by a small, (one so far), number of
companies?

Is it this set up which is the problem in this case? Is a relay rule
which allows an ISPs own customers to originate mail from a third party
source, but rejects transfer of mail from other sources, possible?

yours

         Simon
--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx