Re: [LUG] NHS v Linux

On 18/12/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I seem to remember healthspace was especially bad, the responses weren't
> even HTTP compliant (i.e. not even conforming to the transmission
> protocol). One of the advantages of human readable formats and protocols
> is it is very easy to tell when people grossly violate the standards.

Healthspace is supposed to allow you to opt out of the great patient
records sharing escapade (which contrary to what some on this list
have claimed *DOES* involve random researchers calling patients at
home to ask them questions about their illness, and other grotesque
intrusions on privacy).

Apparently your details will be shown on healthspace ( a public facing
internet site, and therefore certainly open to compromise), and you
get the chance to opt out, or comment on where they are wrong (in a
reasonable timeframe, without being told how to find them, or when
they'll be uploaded, or when they were put there - expect to feel like
Author Dent) before they are uploaded to SPINE and shared with anybody
in the NHS, Higher Education or a pharmacutical company that fancies a
look.

*joy*

A.

--