Re: [LUG] Browser problem

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:06:10 +0000
"Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think it is because firefox is ipv6 aware and is activly attempting
> connections, try disabling this in the about:config screen, look for
> the "network.dns.disableIPv6" and set this to "true" and see how you
> get on
>

> --
> Robin Cornelius
> http://www.byteme.org.uk

That is exactly the advice I had just been given by another member
a shot while ago. I have done just as recommended and now it all seems
to be just fine. Obviously Konqueror works differently.

I found exactly the same thing in Galeon so I have changed that too.
Again it all seems to work just fine now. Many thanks, I would never
have found that for myself.

By the way, what on earth is IPv6, or don't I want to know?

It has only take seven months to get it sorted

thanks again

Neil Winchurst