Re: [LUG] Browser problem

On 18/12/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hard to say could be a Gecko thing, but not clear how you are writing to
> your website. Is this using FTP (timeouts are a common problem, as a lot
> of FTP servers are aggressive at closing connections). Sounds more like
> submitting a form to a misconfigured server from what you wrote.

Sounds to me a lot more like dodgy DNS at the ISP.

"looking up server" means it's doing a dns lookup, which will mean it
is getting the ip address from the domain by asking either your local
router (if it acts as a DNS server), or your ISP.

I know our ISP DNS can be painfully slow sometimes.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk