Re: [LUG] Linux Christmas Card

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:58:44 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I have put together is a A5 landscape size Christmas card with a
> cartoon picture of Tux on the front.  On the back I have put a small
> Tux image on it with a caption 'Created using OpenOffice.org' with a
> link to Open Office.  I'm not very good with greeting card messages so
> I came up with a simple... "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a virus
> free New Year :-)".
>
> I thought I'd pop in a CD containing free software based on the Open CD
> with updated software for Windows, or just a copy of the Ubuntu Live CD.

How many CD's have you got?

> If anyone is interested in this idea I'll try and post some
> OpenDocument format files on the web tomorrow so you can all download
> it and have a look.

Send me the documents off-list and I'll post them on the DCGLUG server,
then you can create a Wiki page that links directly to each file. It's
a great idea, Rob!

If people are going to be giving / sending these to local people, feel
free to put http://www.dcglug.org.uk/ on the back of the card too. :-)

What's local? Anywhere already covered within the Members Location map
on the website - basically a line from West Wales to Norfolk and all UK
points to the South. (Thanks again, Robin.)

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/map.php

--

Neil Williams