Re: [LUG] Hauppage Wintv Nova-t

Thomas Arrow wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently messing around with trying to get this card working but
> not to much avail. I have these modules loaded:
> http://sagittatechnologies.org/lsmod.txt
> I think its almost working because /dev/dvb/adaptor0 exists and kaffeine
> shows the name of the card and starts the tuning sequence.
> I have found the scan thingy for Stocklandhill and added to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine/dbv-t/ (this is the line if it helps T
> 374000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE) Still setting my transmitter
> as this and pressing scan makes no results there is just SNR at 50% no
> matter what even if I unplug the ariel. I have tried this also with
> CrystalPalace as i know that worked for someone.
> Also i have tried using dvbscan and the same files but I get back the
> error:
>
> "scanning /home/tom/uk-StocklandHill
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> ERROR: invalid enum value '2K'
> initial transponder 374000000 0 3 9 1 2 0 0
>  >>> tune to:
> 374000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_AUTO:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>  >>> tune to:
> 374000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_AUTO:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
>
> (tuning failed)
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
> ERROR: initial tuning failed
> dumping lists (0 services)
> Done."
>
> Any help greatfully accepted.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Tom (the younger)

I had a whole lot of trouble getting my Freeview card to tune in
anything.  I only managed to get a couple of the BBC channels.  I think
these tuners can be a bit fussy if you don't have a very good signal.
Do you have a Freeview ariel installed?

I have a couple of scan files with the following in them...

T 505833333 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE
T 721833330 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

Not sure if these will give you anything.

What I wasn't sure about with my Freeview card was if the scan program
would start from the smallest frequency and then scan through the whole
range of signals.

I did find a page with information about the Beacon Hill transmitter.
Can be found here - http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SX857619

According to the list Mux 2 and Mux A and low rating which might explain
why my Freeview card was funny about receiving ITV, C4 etc on a standard
(non-freeview) arial.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.  Seeing this post
(and playing around with my dad's Freecom DVB stick has spurred me into
sorting out the Freeview card again and getting it running this time.

Rob