Re: [LUG] Network Printer

On 05/09/06 14:38:30, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:07:41AM +0000, aaron Moore wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I know I should be able to figure it out myself. but I have been
> struggling for what seems like years..................
> > How do I set up a network printer with cups/samba.  We have three
> computers, one is dual boot xp and suse the other two are all suse.
> They have static ip addresses and I can share files and do remote
> desktops but can't share a printer.  Don't want fancy encryption or
> anything. just a shared printer.
> > Tanx in advance
> >
> > Aaron
> >
> > --
>
> Am about to hit this problem (letting my partners winxp home print to
> my
> printer on debian etch), so I look forward to any replies.
>
> Otherwise I will be following the attached
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/425
>

> --

I am an lprn luddite! I spent ages trying to get cups working and gave
up, lprn rules (or whatever it is called :-))

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\