Re: [LUG] You dont wnat to do it like that.....

Tom Potts wrote:

> When I say web based I should have really expanded to say
> browser/webserver based. That way you can work on your local webserver
> when not connected, or as you please.
> Web based word processing is here and once companies realise they can
> use it to save 90% of their IT budget it will take off!

So who will be responsible for making sure the local webserver and
applications are up-to-date?  And how does that relate to one of your
arguments for this model which was, IIRC, that management of
applications and data could be centralised?

Wasn't one of your other benefits that company data wouldn't be
compromised if a laptop was lost because it wouldn't actually
contain the data itself?  Doesn't having a local copy to work on
when offline negate that benefit?

James