Re: [LUG] Installing rpm files part 2

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:48:23 +0100 (BST)
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 1. Are you installing as root (you should be for RPM's). this is most
> likely cause
yes

> 2. possible RPM DB is corrupted - this fix was reccomended a while back
> for RH - check no rpm processes are running ps|grep rpm then delete the
> __db files in /usr/var/lib and run rpm --rebuilddb. Then try again.

Two things -

When I use the 'configure your computer' facility to add some programs
it works fine. I presume that it is using RPM. (Mandriva2006)

I have tried to rename the __db files (as root) as 'old__db.000 etc,
but to no avail. No error message but nothing has changed. Would it be
safe to try the --rebuild anyway?

Neil