[LUG] /dev/sda1 has gone

Hi

Not sure whats happened here, but the device file /dev/sda1 has gone, It was there yesterday as I mounted my camera on /dev/sda1 /media/camera, tried today and could not do it,
how do I re create it, ?or stop it just disappearing again ?

I know I need mknod /dev/sda1 b

where b is block device, but it needs major and minor numbers, the output from mknod --help is helpful to a point, but I don't understand the major / miinor bit

Thanks for any help.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net