Re: [LUG] What's happened to K3B?

On Monday 30 January 2006 8:51 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
> Thanks Neil, I've done that now.  Bizarrely I also found a key I
> submitted in 1998 when I was on Force9.  I don't know how I can remove
> it as it is no longer valid, or even if I should remove it?

It cannot be removed from a keyserver, only revoked.

If you have the passphrase for that key, revoke it.

If you have a revocation certificate for that key (as you were advised to
create at the time) stored away, import the public key to be revoked, import
the revocation certificate into your local keyring then send the now revoked
key to the keyservers.
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/startgnupg.html#generate
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/startgnupg.html#revoke
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/startgnupg.html#why
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/startgnupg.html#how

If you have neither the revocation certificate nor the passphrase, there is
nothing that can be done to change the copy on the keyserver.

--

Neil Williams