Re: [LUG] [OT] Introducing myself to the list

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 3:22 pm, Phil Gibbons wrote:
> I've been using Linux since 2000 and for the last 3 years have been
> working for a company installing and maintaining Debian servers for
> SME's in the south east and London. Anything from 5 to 100 users. The
> usual stuff i.e. Exim, Samba, Apache, MySQL, Postgres, LDAP, Mailman
> etc. Also used Smoothwall, then IPCop and now m0n0wall. Quite happy
> building kernels and installing applications from source.

Welcome to the group. Any interests in modifying those applications and
getting into any development? embedded stuff? gnucash?
;-)

> I've been a member of the Sussex Linux Users group and been to a few
> meets so I'm keen to find out what goes on in and around Exeter.

We are a widely dispersed group with members from the tip of Cornwall to North
Devon and others outside Devon and Cornwall entirely. Meetings can be
difficult to arrange and we have not been able to have meetings on any
regular schedule.

> If a
> group of you are getting together anytime soon it would be great to
> meet up.

The best thing to do is simply announce something on the list, give people two
weeks or so before the event, have a venue in mind and book it up according
to the responses you get. Feel free to use the Wiki or the Event scripts in
the members area to describe the event.

--

Neil Williams