Re: [LUG] A Good Read?

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
Hi

I wonder if there is such a thing as the definitive Linux, GNU book.  I am
currently running Mandrake, but tend to refer to My Mc Graw Hill  book "The
Complete Reference", to Red Hat.

Thanks

Peter

I'd have to recommend O'reilly's "Linux Pocket guide". It's supposed to
be aimed at fedora, but there is nothing specific to fedora in it. I
wouldn't call it the definitive linux book, but it's very good for
reference. It's fairly small, and makes it easy to find things like
emacs (or vi (ugh...)) key shortcuts, or regular expressions, and I find
it very good for bash scripting.

--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://apolloenterprises.org/stuff/morefiles/publicpgpkey.txt