Re: [LUG] Fedora

On 6/8/05, Alex Charrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>
> > FC3 is probably going to experience less changes than FC4, when I
> > first installed FC3 I had a couple of updates a day, now its a couple
> > of updates every other week. FC3 will still be supported by
> > fedora-legacy and there are other yum repositories you can use as
> > well.
>
> As far as I'm aware, the Fedora project will support *two* current
> releases at a time.  So when FC4 is released FC2 will be end-of-lifed and
> passed to the Fedora Legacy project.  FC3 should be 'current' until the
> release of FC5, which should be a while off yet :).

That's even better :)

I remember everybody saying that fedora was going to be bleeding edge
but I've had as few problems, maybe less even than RH9 or even RHEL.
In fact Fedora seems every bit as stable and a lot more up to date and
convenient than RHEL and Centos which we use at work.

I guess people's idea of bleeding edge linux is different to back in
96 when I first started using it. So how old is the LUG now? Alex and
I started it back in 98? 99?

A.