Re: [LUG] Thursdays Meeting / Debian Questions

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:48:11PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
<snip>
> I use cron-apt and apticron, one downloads outstanding stuff, the other
> emails you what is outstanding (think nagware).
>
> Unlike Henry's approach this relies on you deciding when you want to
> upgrade stuff. But on the other hand to use these you type;
>
> "apt-get install cron-apt apticron"
>
> And the default settings (you have to tell apticron who to send email
> to, but it will ask nicely) will be fine for 99% of people.

Hmm...so for my education is it true to say that with apticron you just
get an email list of what software can be updated but with cron-apt you
get the update? (with cron-apt the default is download but not install
the software)

NB once testing is updated (touch wood) I will reset cron-apt to just
upgrade as opposed to dist-upgrade