Re: [LUG] cd burn problem

OK, pretty simple! Just turn on the joilet support, (the rockridge was already on) and mandrake 10.1 does see it! next question... why does mnt/floppy show the last stuff I copied to it even though these files never made it onto the actual disk? (nothing ever makes it onto the floppy disk). Guess I should look at fstab and so forth, but any advice would be welcome....

Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

What file system are you using, i take it as it works with windows you have joilet fs support, what happens if you mount the cd and specify the iso9660 file system, I am not sure off hand what the default setting is.

paul

Simon Robert wrote:

Hi there

I've come accross a strange problem, probably really obvious. I've been doing backups to cd using k3b, cdrecord/cdrdao. I've not noticed up to now, but when I view the disc either from a shell session or kde file manager what I get is directories called "????" and so on - related to the number of chars in the original name. However when looked at in windows all is fine, ie simon/.opera/plugins etc.

Any ideas?

Simon

-- Simon Robert simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk