Re: [LUG] Linux & AMD 64

Hello

Thanks for the info Grant sorry I need my hand held on this on as well.

When I run the downloaded file as per nvidia's instructions I get the
following errors. How can I find out what my '--kernel-source-path'
is?

No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; this
means that the installer will need to compile a new kernel interface.

ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running
kernel.  Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files
for your kernel; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you
  have the 'kernel-source' rpm installed.  If you know the correct
kernel source files are installed, you may specify the kernel source
path with the '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.

ERROR: Installation of the network driver has failed.  Please see the
file /var/log/nvidia-nforce-installer.log' for details.  You may find
suggestions on  fixing installation problems in the README available
on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

/var/log/nvidia-nforce-installer.log

-> Found package NVIDIA audio driver for Linux-x86
-> Please select packages for installation:
  Selections:   NVIDIA network driver for Linux-x86 (1.0-11)
  NVIDIA audio driver for Linux-x86 (1.0-2)
-> Starting install of NVIDIA network driver for Linux-x86
-> Checking for loaded module nvnet
-> Checking for loaded module forcedeth
-> License accepted.
-> Skipping check for conflicting rpms.
-> /proc/version is Linux version 2.6.10 (root@xxxxxxxxx) (gcc version
3.3.5(Debian 1:3.3.5-8)) #1 Wed Feb 23 16:54:53 EST 2005
-> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel;
this means that the installer will need to compile a new kernel
interface.
ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running
kernel. Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files
for your kernel; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you
have the 'kernel-source' rpm installed. If you know the correct kernel
source files are installed, you may specify the kernel source path
with the'--kernel-source-path' commandline option.

Thank you
Steve

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:26:41 +0000, Grant Sewell