Re: [LUG] kde telephone dialer

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:34 pm, Simon Robert wrote:
The kde address book has a slot for a call to a script to do this.

It's more to do with handing back to a microphone instead of establishing a
data connection. You can use kermit, cu or minicom to dial but it's getting
control back that can be awkward.

You can also just try:
echo ATDT > /dev/modem
echo AT01234 567890 > /dev/modem

You need echo ATZ > /dev/modem to reset the modem or it won't connect next
time.

This also worked on Windows, I remember many times having a locked modem that
disabled certain applications that wanted to send orders by modem. I got
quite used to echo ATZ > com1
:-)

I can now successfully dial out with ATDP,
pick up the telephone handset and talk (I talked to myself on a cell
phone - such fun). But I'd still like to be able to pass it as a
command line argument from within kaddressbook since that was the point
of all this.

Also try man chat to make it scriptable, or just a bash script.

--

Neil Williams