Re: [LUG] Good links

On Saturday 29 January 2005 5:31 pm, William Fidell wrote:
Hi,

What I am after are some good Linux and related web pages to read.

/.  (slashdot.org)
www.ffii.org
www.fsf.org   (maybe)
Then you've got the magazine websites, linuxformat, linuxuser - those links
are in the Linux UK section.
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/index.php?id=LinuxUK

Depends on your interests.

The
sort of things that I like to read are thought provoking

(FSF is certainly thought provoking, FFII more political.)

and that give
me more ideas about things to do with Linux etc.  What I find is so many
Linux sites have virtually the same content.

http://www.linux.org/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/ is actually a very useful site, one to dip into
time and time again - I mention that despite it being on the resources page
already.

Some sites that I do read are (in no order of preference):-
http://freshmeat.net - some times there is a project that sparks an idea
or answers a problem

You could go to the next stage and try sourceforge if that appeals.

http://www.linux.com - occasionally idea pieces and software reviews.
http://www.onlamp.com - a whole load of sites on php, perl, mysql etc
etc that sometimes give me new ideas.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/
http://www.oreilly.com/
(both already added to the Wiki)

But this really isn't enough.  So any ideas?

My choices are biased towards development, what are your interests?

Before anyone says it I have read the resources section.

What about the other sections?

Use your members area access and edit the resources page to update it a bit.

The Resources section wasn't originally written for this kind of content, it
holds links to the main applications that people use and may need to find.

Add to documentation, or LinuxUK or a new page under Reference . . .

--

Neil Williams