Re: [LUG] What about a tag line?

On Friday 21 January 2005 3:10 pm, Alex Charrett wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Grant Sewell wrote:
Hi all.

I was just thinking, we (the [G]LUG) have 4 potential logos
(http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=Choice+of+Logo).  What about a [G]LUG
slogan or "mission statement"?Something 'snappy'?  I'll be the first to
admit that I'm more than a bit rubbish at such things, but I'll have a
go:

"Striving for South West Software Freedom"

Heh, someone suggesting our current misson statement
(http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_adm/mission.html) could be improved?
Surely not! :)

I've only added to it so far:
http://dcglug.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/linux_adm/mission.html

I prefer the simple, but not geographic:

"You deserve free software."

Or

"Supporting freedom, users and developers."

Unfortunately, that abbreviates to S-FUD - it's not good to have FUD in your
mission statement or tag line!

--

Neil Williams