Re: [LUG] YABA - GPLUG

Grant Sewell wrote:

however I am not sure that it'll do us any favours. It's all about recognition. People have heard about "Linux", but they may not have heard about GNU. Unless they understand/have been taught about Freedom, using the term "Free Software" *does* confuse people initially. I am happy with *adding* to the title, but I do not think that the Linux element should be removed.

Back to your correct point about the Google search again :) I agree with you that perhaps my earlier example wasn't perfect and that the excellent job Neil and Alex do with the website will doubtless ensure continued interest and knowledge of the LUG.

"We could call ourselves the LGfUoGFaOSSaT

"Lug-fwog-fah-oh-sssat"

Look, I know I'm Welsh, but that gave even *me* a migraine! ;)

Kind regards,

Julian