[LUG] YABA - GPLUG

Hi all,

I just thought I'd stick in my two penn'orth on the naming debate. As an occasional
user of various flavours of OS, I think that the entire debate about what the group
calls itself is pointless and divisive. If you really want to change the name, and
therefore, evidently, for some at least, to change the meaning of the group, why not
broaden that change of meaning and purpose and call the group the GPLUG (pronounced
"ga-plug").

After all, as has been pointed out in the debate, it's the licensing model that
really gives us the legal freedom to discuss change, and the group would then be
relevant to a much broader section of users and more relevant to this time of patent
politics. My selfish interest is that I use plenty of GPL'ed software, and I am
concerned with its function, but as for the Linux, I use it, but it is by and large
irrelevant to most of what I do.

James