Re: Laptops and "just working" Re: [LUG] Meeting in Paignton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Waters" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:34 PM
Subject: Laptops and "just working" Re: [LUG] Meeting in Paignton

It can happen, for many laptops it already does happen, and it will
happen for more.

Mandrake 10.0 on my new laptop (HP Compaq 3307EA) seems to work out of the
box.  Haven't tried any USB appliances or PCMCIA yet but I'm fairly
confident of no problems.  Hell it even picked up the nVidia 420 Go and
configured it properly :)  In actual fact *crosses fingers* more worked out
of the box in Linux than with Windows 2K.

Kind regards,

Julian