Re: [LUG] Meeting in Paignton

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 10:36 pm, Terence McCarthy wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:12:44 +0000 Matt Lee <matt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul - do we have any posters that proclaim we're a GNU/Linux user
group? I want us to get away from referring to Linux on it's own unless
it's in context as soon as possible.

If you want a GNU/Linux user group whose very name will even more confuse
the hell out of any non-Linux user go ahead and set one up.

Umm, the group name is changing to Devon and Cornwall GNU/Linux User Group.
I'm in the final stages of converting the website as part of a more general
overhaul.

That's why we're discussing new logos.

If this ceases to be an LUG, then count me out.

It will always be a LUG but it will also be a GLUG. We will be putting as much
emphasis on the kernel as on the applications, providing support for users of
both. There is plenty of content on the new site to explain the use of
GNU/Linux.

This has already been discussed and rejected

It was not rejected, it just went quiet as plans were drawn up for the
change-over. It's merely waiting for me to have a little more time to spare
to convert the website. Everything else is already operational - with the
exception of the website and the posters, we are already DCGLUG. Yet we
remain DCLUG at the same time.

, but you seem to have the
blind determination of a SIF, and so, if you don't get the result you want,
you carry on until those who disagree give up and leave.

No reason for anyone to leave. www.dclug.org.uk and www.dcglug.org.uk are
absolutely equivalent, as are list@xxxxxxxxxxxx and list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - any
member is free to use whichever they please. New subscriptions and new
members will be setup using dcglug addresses for consistency.

--

Neil Williams