Re: [LUG] Building a Debian Mirror?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:45:03 +0000
Neil Williams wrote:

Didn't we already do this for the Debian meeting in September?

Simon and/or Matt will know but IIRC it's already available.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2004/09/msg00145.html

It's far easier to update an existing mirror than load a whole new one.

Would that mean that it's available for non-GLUG purposes?

My intention is not to have a permanent mirror that's available on the Internet (...
although that is a possible consideration for future use), but rather to use a
single computer to host a complete Debian stable so that we can do multiple
concurrent installations over a network in an environment where WAN connectivity is
not necessarily guaranteed.

It'd also be good practice for me!

I have a machine already waiting, it just needs a harddrive and NIC, but I have a
couple lying around here anyway :oD

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.