Re: [LUG] Upgrading Apache on Red Hat 9

On Friday 07 January 2005 18:37, Neil Williams wrote:

Debian. Without a doubt.

I'd second that - why on earth did you think that your choices were limited
Fedora or SuSE? Debian is the best distribution for a server bar none.
Nothing comes close in stability, uptime, upgrades and security.

What else do you need from a server? It has to do what you want, all the
time,
automatically upgrade without damaging stability and automatically install
appropriate security updates without any intervention. Debian is the only
distribution that even remotely covers all these needs.

As a relatively new Debian convert I am very very pleased with the Debian
server I have implemented. Its mission critical and running as a smtp and a
vpn server and it has been running for a good many months now with no
intervention (apart from some tweaking of the antispam rules).  I've just
checked, its been up 72 days and all the services have been as well without
issue.

--

Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx