Re: [LUG] adsl and eclipse

O > I've got adsl and have had it running with my linux boxes for over 12
months. I'm not 100% certain about the fujitsu modem, but the alcatel one
does work with Linux.
As you'd now be going wires only (it's no longer a trial), you can use
any equipment you want. Personally I use the Alcatel Speed touch Home at
present.

What driver and kernel are you using?

I've just got ADSL from Pipex and have found that the Alcatel
driver software can be very fussy aboyt kernel version...

I've never liked USB personally, however one of the people on the forums at a
site like adslguide.co.uk said about a dabs ADSL->ethernet router for about
~£90, just set the default rout to 10.0.1.128 or somthing. Does port
forwarding etc. too.