Re: [LUG] adsl and eclipse

On Sunday 24 February 2002 11:54 am, you wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
Not impressed.

Do you have "line of sight" to any friends houses who could have
ADSL ;)

Hi,
I've got adsl and have had it running with my linux boxes for over 12 months.
I'm not 100% certain about the fujitsu modem, but the alcatel one does work
with Linux.
As you'd now be going wires only (it's no longer a trial), you can use any
equipment you want. Personally I use the Alcatel Speed touch Home at present.

What driver and kernel are you using?

I've just got ADSL from Pipex and have found that the Alcatel
driver software can be very fussy aboyt kernel version...