[LUG] Invitation to the next: Devon and Cornwall Linux User Group Meeting

Where: The bar - Union Room's Plymouth
When: June 23rd 8PM
Whose idea: The tall guy with the stupid tee-shirt

The Devon and Cornwall LUG will likely see some changes soon as some key
members seem set to leave (Perhaps even graduate from) Plymouth Uni.

So whilst we won't bill it as 'last chance to see...' - it might be.

A meeting has been arranged for Friday 23rd June (Not today - next
Friday) at the 'Union Rooms Public House - Plymouth'. I suggest we start
the meeting at 8pm, although I'll try and get there earlier. We shall
meet in the bar.

I don't plan on agenda, minutes or anything like that - just a chance to
put faces to e-mail addresses, and discuss what people are up to with
Linux.

Alex will hopefully find a map on how to get to the "Union Room's" for
those that (like me) don't yet know.

To save everyone looking lost or embarassed in the bar - I'm 6ft 5 tall,
and plan to wear a bright red tee-shirt with 'Gung Ho Fat Choy'
emblazoned on the back (Kindly donated to my clothing collection by
Wickhill - UK distributors of the Linux based firewall WatchGuard). I
hope 'Gung Ho Fat Choy' mean happy new year in Chinese - but it could
mean 'Here's another Gun Ho - Fat White Guy buying tee shirts to give
away'.

I shall be driving from Woodbury Salterton just South of Exeter Airport,
and have space for at least two passengers (My driving is okay - and
I'll be drinking something boring). Exmouth and Exeter are no problem
for lifts - so you two have no excuses - you know who you are.

I appreciate that not having had (m?)any meetings in person before, it
is a bit intimidating to meet a bunch of strangers in a bar. But apart
from a group of three from Plymouth Uni most of us will be in the same
boat.

If you are planning to come - please drop me an e-mail
Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk - so we know when everyone has arrived.

	See you soon.

	Simon Waters

PS: I have copied this to the Bristol list and a few other people I know
are interested in Linux. Please pass it on to relevant places. I shall
post details to uk.comp.os.linux unless anyone objects strongly.

PPS: Yes, it is true, I did meet some one recruiting UNIX skills in
Devon this morning.