Re: [LUG] LDE: The Aftermath

> Ideas on what to do with the surplus Mandrake 7.2 CDs welcome - we
> managed to give away rather more than we had attendees (They were
> popular with people from Torbay for some reason) but we still have over
> 50 CDs. Maybe we could ship a few down to the high street computer shops
> in Exeter to give away?

Good idea,  may be worth providing a few of the leaflets with the lug
details on so people interested have a point of contact for help with
install etc.  Should also attact some new members.  I think it's in pdf
format on the Lug site.

> We raised 61 pounds in the raffle - but we never reached a decision on
> what to do with the money - so I propose to send it to the "National
> Association for Gifted Children", which is a registered charity that
> supports gifted children and their parents and teachers.

Sounds like a good idea,  perhaps we could also give a few of the mandrake
cd's to them,  as I am sure there are some gifted children out there who
would possibly be interested in Linux.   It would also prove a good
challenge and a free way to learn programming without the limitations and
expense of windoze.

Paul