Re: [LUG] LDE: The Aftermath

Alex Charrett wrote:

> Big thanks go to Simon and Faye for the organising of the event, and also
> (if memory serves correctly) to Neil and Gary from the University for
> sorting out the rooms.

Blushes - thanks. Your memory seems okay.

Phil from the Physics department (and the D&C LUG) wandered around
campus at some ungodly time on Sunday putting posters up to make sure
everyone arrived, and lots of others helped in a zillion other ways.

Not least Steve Nice at "LinuxSure" who ensured boxes of stuff kept
appearing at my house from various sponsors - even if we never got a
set-top box from NetSuppliers *8-( - whilst organising the national
event.

Matthew who did the first speech, mentioned in passing that his house is
a good place for a barbecue (Something about a surplus of home brew!?).
so we better arrange a third meeting when it is sunnier.

One of the Linux magazines wants a write up - I'll probably get Faye to
do that - as she can sepll and do grammer like wot ur supose to. And I
think O'Reilly wants to know their books aren't all on my bookcase *8)

Ideas on what to do with the surplus Mandrake 7.2 CDs welcome - we
managed to give away rather more than we had attendees (They were
popular with people from Torbay for some reason) but we still have over
50 CDs. Maybe we could ship a few down to the high street computer shops
in Exeter to give away?

We raised 61 pounds in the raffle - but we never reached a decision on
what to do with the money - so I propose to send it to the "National
Association for Gifted Children", which is a registered charity that
supports gifted children and their parents and teachers.

	Regards,

	Simon