[LUG]Re: Backdoor found in key library liblzma (xz-utils) - CVE-2024-3094

It rather shows the benefit of open source development. This was
caught before it got onto my machine and, I would suggest, practically
all others. More to the point it was detectable. I don't see it could
have been on any of the playstore models other platforms have adopted.
I'd also suggest that if this developer did it to so pervasive an
aspect of linux then associates will have been doing it more widely
where they can't be watched.

My own archiving scripts employ zstd and I'm sure I did that for a
reason (probably related to elapsed time), but any compression library
could have been targetted and still could be. Simply using an
environment where public vigilance is an option is sensible.

I also note that there is considerable potential for AI background
scanning of all maintainers' release patterns, to bring edge cases to
the attention of security checking teams.