[LUG]Re: Backdoor found in key library liblzma (xz-utils) - CVE-2024-3094

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 at 23:00, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Debian bug to possibly revert (it appears Debian Sid and Testing may be
affected). Not sure this adds much light, but the people who found it do
suspect one of the (two) XZ maintainers of being involved.

and people give me abuse for running Stable!

Such an intriguing story, and I feel like we'll never know all the answers... but the human aspect of this is really captivating.

I hope the original maintainer gets some support from friends and the general open source community. It defo sounds like they've had a bad time, and this will be worse.