[LUG]Re: Book storage [was Introducing New Member]

On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 18:42:35 +0100
Mark Thurston <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can highly recommend calibre web

I tried calibre a few ears ago, and didn't like it. It forces you to
use the library the way it wants to, not the way I want to. And instead
of using a proper relational database, it uses a specific filing system
structure of its own. I already have my own well defined filesystem
tree for my library, which makes it easy for me to use my rsync based
backup and archiving scripts. And calibre doesn't understand formats
like daisy, and so would not work with part of my library. Plus it will
be a lot of fun building the PostgeSQL database, and writing the code
to do all the things I want to. But the final reason for not using
calibre is that it will not run on the official raspberry pi OS because
that runs in 32bit mode.