[LUG]No Internet on aDebian box

Hi

I have Debian computer I use for my CNC Router. It has completely lost internet connection. I think it happened while I was trying to install VM Ware. Some how I think all the files that connects the internet have been deleted (is this possible). I say this because if I run Debian from a live USB flash drive it connects automatically. Can anyone explain what files I would need to copy over. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for reading and i look forward to any replies

Aaron