[LUG]Re: Strange firefox behaviour

You're not the only one. Me too, but only with links in Thunderbird. Same with both Flatpak and Snap (I've not tried *.deb), on Kubuntu 23.04. Others have had similar problems - among others see <https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=284906>

... which I'll experiment with.

Meantime a simple (but annoying) workaround is to open Firefox before opening any other programme that might contain links you want to click. Another is to make Chromium the default browser until this is fixed.

BW

Rod

----------

Treweythyow yw restrennow serghys y'n furvas Skrifen Igor (*.odt po *.ods). Prag? Drefen na gregi war unn kowethas hepken rag dhrehedhes ow resyow yn termyn a dheu. Gwel:  https://www.documentliberation.org/
Martesen a lavarro MS-Office 'restren gans fowt' rag digolenni homma mes ev a wrello igeri an restren(now) yn despit dhe henna.

Attached files are likely to be open-document format (*.odt or *.ods). Why? So as not to depend on one company for accessing my own data in future. See:  https://www.documentliberation.org/
MS-Office/Word may say 'damaged file' to discourage this but should open the attachment(s) anyway.

Rod Sheaff

'Dunsland',
Barn Street,
Liskeard,